Continue reading for full plan instructions.
Seahorse by Cindy Dawson
- Laser Cut Seahorse - Stockade #RR4406
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint:
- Sea Glass #7297
- Teal Green #7107
- Titanium White #7001
- Multi-Purpose Sealer #DS917
- Eversand Sanding Pad #ES400
- Transfer paper #GP120A
- Stylus #PK090
- Varnish of choice (we used Satin #DS921)
- #20/0 Script Liner #G585200
- 1/4" Angular #G16014
- 1/8” Angular #G16018
- Sand and seal wood piece.
- Using the 1/4" Angular, basecoat with Sea Glass.
- Lightly transfer the pattern.
- Using the 1/8” Angular sideloaded with Teal Green, shade under the transfer lines for the “ribs” and along the tail, and backbone.
- With thinned paint, sideload the 1/4” Angular brush with one part Sea Glass and one part White. Highlight the top of the nose, belly, inside edge of the tail.
- Sideload the 1/4” Angular brush with Teal Green and shade the fins and outer bottom edge of the tail.
- Use a stylus dipped in Teal Green and paint the eye. Highlight with a small dot of White.
- Erase remaining graphite lines and apply two coats of varnish. Let dry.